Lemosho route, glades 7 days climbing Kilimanjaro schedule.
Lemosho route is one of Kilimanjaro trekking trail up to Kilimanjaro Summit. Climbing mount kilimanjaro guides will take you through Kilimanjaro natural forest, volcanic rocks to kilimanjaro summit snow.
The Lemosho Route is virgin, remote, few climbers and beautiful way up Kilimanjaro through Shira Plateau. Lemosho route is also used to reach the Western Breach route or followed by the Kibo South Circuit and hike by the easier Baranco hut and Barafu Route. The route is one of the few where climbers are escorted by armed range and mountain guides because the forests around the Lemosho Glades are rich in buffalo, elephant and other big game animals.
The Kilimanjaro Lemosho Route is the best ascent route because it offers full mount Kilimanjaro experience, more acclimatisation time, more culture, wildlife safaris, more spectacular scenery and even a night in Kibo crater on optional.
Climbing Kilimanjaro through Lemosho route can be achieved in 7 days.
Lemosho trail Day to Day trekking schedule:
1. Drive from Moshi or Arusha to Londorossi Park Gate (2250 m, 2 hours). From here a forest track requiring a 4WD vehicle leads to Lemosho Glades (2100 m, 11 km, 45 minutes) and a possible campsite (park fees are not paid to camp here). Walk along forest trails to Mti Mkubwa (big tree) campsite, (2750 m, 3 hours).
2. The trail gradually steepens and enters the giant heather moorland zone. Several streams are crossed then it gains the Shira Ridge at about 3600 m and drops gently down to Shira 1 camp located by a stream on the Shira Plateau (3500 m, 5 hours). This campsite could be omitted.
3. A gentle walk across the plateau leads to Shira 2 camp on moorland meadows by a stream (3850 m, 1.5 hours). A variety of walks are available on the Plateau making this an excellent acclimatization day.
4. Continue east towards Kibo passing the junction, then east towards the Lava Tower. Shortly after this, you descend to Barranco hut (3940 m, 4 hours).
5. A short scramble to the top of the Great Barranco and then a traverse over scree and ridges to the Karanga Valley (4000 m, 3 hours), beneath the icefalls of the Heim, Kersten and Decken Glaciers. After climbing out of the Karanga Valley the trail ascends a ridge to the Barafu Hut, a bleak location with little vegetation at 4600 m, (3 hours walking).
6. An early start for the ascent to the rim of the Kibo Crater between the Rebmann and Ratzel Glaciers, (4 hours); the last section before the rim can sometimes be snow-covered and an ice-axe or ski stick is useful for balance. From here a further hour leads to Uhuru Peak, from where there are often fine views of Meru to the west and the jagged peak of Mawenzi to the east. Descend to the Barafu Hut for a rest and lunch before continuing on down to camp at Mweka Hut in the giant heather zone on the forest edge. Those with energy on the summit may wish to descend to the Reutsh Crater and visit the dramatic ice pinnacles of the Eastern Icefields.
7. A 3-4 hour descent through beautiful forest brings you to the Park gate and your waiting transport.
Inquire now, email us: email@example.com
All services are included: Kilimanjaro Airport Transport or Nairobi Bus shuttle to Arusha, hotel on arrival, transfer from hotel to kilimanjaro gate lemosho route, guides, porters,cook, entry fees.